Have you ever heard of plantar fasciitis? Plantar fasciitis refers to a condition in which the band of tissues that connect your toes to your heel are damaged. This can commonly occur due to inflammation or tears in the tissue associated with high-risk activities. If you continually put heavy pressure on your feet, you could potentially damage these tissues and cause plantar fasciitis to occur. Ask yourself the following questions to determine if you are suffering from plantar fasciitis:
- Are you feeling any form of heel pain when you walk?
- Have you recently found yourself sitting for long periods of time and then feeling stabbing pains when you try to walk?
- Do you run and jog frequently, specifically on uneven terrain or with inappropriate footwear?
- Do you have a family history of plantar fasciitis?
- Are you overweight or are you suffering from other ailments related to your weight or diet?
- Are you wearing any orthotics accessories, or have you worn any in the past?
If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, you might be suffering from plantar fasciitis, or are at risk for it in the future. For a comprehensive examination at West Cermak Road Wellness, call us at 708-863-1001 to schedule a visit to our office in Cicero, Illinois. Our team looks forward to helping you receive all your chiropractor and wellness needs to ensure a pain-free future can be yours!